You are hereHome ›
Pacific Crest Trail Backpack
Pacific Crest Trail - Intro to Thru-Hiking
August 6-9, 2012
4 days hiking, 3 nights camping
32 miles, 3500 feet elevation gain
Olallie National Scenic Area, Mt. Hood National Forest
Meet at the shop 8/6 9:00am; return to shop 8/9 3:00pm
The Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail stretches from Mexico to Canada, winding through the high mountains of California, Oregon and Washington. Thru-hikers complete the 2500+ mile journey in 5 months each year. We'll be on the trail as they complete the Oregon Section, so you can meet them and help provide "trail magic" to those dedicated souls. Find out what innovations work and how far you can go to lighten your load.
Join Next Adventure Outdoor School for a unique backpacking trip through some of the most scenic portions of the Oregon PCT between Mt. Jefferson and Mt. Hood.
Learn first-hand what it takes to accomplish such a journey, while enjoying the comforts of a shorter trip accompanied by Next Adventure Instructor-Guides.
- Trip Planning & Pre-Trip Info
- Free Gear Rental: Tent, stove, sleeping bag, sleep pad & backpack (if you need them)
- Meals (4 lunches, 3 dinners, 3 breakfasts)
- Transportation to and from shop in a smooth-riding van
- Qualified Drivers and Experienced Guides
- The low-down on how to stay warm, safe and comfortable on the trail
- Natural Interpretation of flora, fauna, geology and local history
- Snacks and water treatment
- Big trees and bigger mountain views
Next Adventure is a fully-insured licensed Outfitter and Guide with the State of Oregon. Next Adventure is an equal opportunity Recreation Provider operating under special use permit on the Mt. Hood National Forest and Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, USDA Forest Service.
Next Adventure Guide-Instructors are locally trail-experienced, and carry current Wilderness First Response certification.