You have no items to compare.
i9S Inflatable Kayak MirageDrive 180 - 2017
Pre-order now! Available October 2016.
Hobie’s i9S was specifically designed for people shy on spare acreage but who dream of spending their time kayaking, fishing or sailing (via the optional Sail kit).
The compact i9S offers on-the-water performance that rivals rigid boats, and its rugged, PVC-vinyl construction and reinforced underside eliminate fears of rocky beaches.
Bow Storage Area
Sail Mount: The optional Mirage Sail Kit's mast securely steps onto a deck-mounted fitting. Enjoy added power without complication; Mirage Sail Kits make sailing fun and easy.
- Hobie MirageDrive 180: Hobie’s bioengineered MirageDrive propulsion system for kayaks was revolutionary in its inception in 1997 and has been evolving ever since. Now comes the biggest evolution - so far. Introducing the patent-pending Hobie MirageDrive 180 forward-reverse propulsion system that will be integrated into all 2017 model year Mirage kayaks.
Weighing in at under eight pounds, the MirageDrive 180 produces full power in both directions and offers unprecedented maneuverability. The user can pull one of two shift cables to pivot the fins 180 degrees, almost instantly from forward to reverse and back again. The dual fins provide shallow water access and easy shore landings by simply pushing one pedal forward.
Rudder Control / Up + Down Control: Soft handle makes fingertip steering easy.
Mid-Boat Carrying Handle: These ergonomic handles are bolted onto either side of the kayak's cockpit, making it easier to negotiate launching ramps or transport.
- Vantage CTi Seating: State-of-the-art Vantage Seating offers multiple points of adjustment and the comfort of breathable mesh. Can even be used as a beach chair.
- Rear Cargo Area: Big adventures demand plenty of gear. These molded areas and Bungee tie-downs ensure that your cargo is still there when you get to camp.
- Four-Piece Paddle: Uses an Aluminum Shaft, included with Hobie i9S
- Twist and Stow Rudder: Hobie's Twist and Stow Rudder is there when you need it, gone when you don't. Simply pull one of the T-shaped control handles to engage or disengage the retractable-rudder system. Fingertrip operated steering makes driving a snap.
*All colors, graphics and specifications of all models are subject to change without notice.
Hull Material: 1000 Denier PVC
Length: 9' / 2.74 m
Width: 36" / 0.91 m
Maximum Load: 325 lbs / 147 kg
Bag Dimensions: 30" x 25" x 12" / 76 x 64 x 30 cm
Rudder: Yes, Twist and Stow
Fitted Hull Weight: 41 lbs / 18.6 kg
Fully Rigged Weight: 70 lbs / 31.8 kg
Manufacturer Warranty: 2 Years