You have no items to compare.
Outback Kayak MirageDrive 180 - 2017
*Limited number of prior year models available; call 877-838-2816 or email for availability.
The legendary design that propelled the MirageDrive to fishing supremacy is better than ever. The time-tested hull is an ideal blend of confident stability and smooth maneuverability. Yet quicker and nimbler than ever, thanks to the efficient reversing MirageDrive 180. The deck is freshly redesigned around the marvelous Vantage CT seat to maximize stand-up space and storage. Cruise, camp, or catch. Now available in distinctive Camo, the Outback is packed full of fishing features, including the Lowrance Ready System that makes sonar installation a cinch.
- MirageDrive 180: Hobie’s bioengineered MirageDrive propulsion system for kayaks was revolutionary in its inception in 1997 and has been evolving ever since. Now comes the biggest evolution - so far. Introducing the patent-pending Hobie MirageDrive 180 forward-reverse propulsion system that will be integrated into all 2017* model year Mirage kayaks.
Weighing in at under eight pounds, the MirageDrive 180 produces full power in both directions and offers unprecedented maneuverability. The user can pull one of two shift cables to pivot the fins 180 degrees, almost instantly from forward to reverse and back again. The dual fins provide shallow water access and easy shore landings by simply pushing one pedal forward.
- Large Covered Bow Hatch: You want storage? We’ve got it in spades, with a large Covered Bow Hatch accessing the hull up front. A security strap with detachable clip tethers the hatch.
- Two-Piece Paddle with On-Hull Storage: Negotiate surf-strewn beaches and rocky inlets with the included Two-Piece Paddle w/ Fiberglass Shaft. Conveniently clips onto the hull when not needed, which is most of the time.
- MirageDrive with ST Fins: The MirageDrive® 180 gets you where you’re going with minimal effort. Hobie’s handsfree forward-reverse pedal propulsion system is tough and time-tested, genius in action.
- Twist and Stow Rudder: The Twist and Stow Rudder retracts easily onto the deck for beaching, storing, or shallow running. Steer with your fingertips. The soft handle of the Rudder Control makes steering easy.
- Sail Mount: Scud along under sail power. The Hobie-exclusive Sail Mount stands ready for an optional Mirage Sail Kit.
- Mesh-Covered Stowage Pocket: Stash fishing tools, gloves, sunscreen or other items in the convenient MeshCovered Stowage Pockets. Keep a cold one at hand in the Drink Holder.
- Four Molded-In Rod Holders: Fishing-ready fresh from the factory, MirageDrive kayaks and fishing boats come with molded-in Fishing Rod Holders.
- Rear Cargo Area with Bungee® Tie Downs: The enormous Bungee® covered Cargo Area has room for all the good stuff: tackle, camping gear, an afternoon picnic, or an optional Livewell or H-Crate.
- Vantage CT Seating: Seating doesn’t come any more comfortable than our hyper-adjustable Vantage CT Seating, fit for a king. With breathable fabric, BOA®-set lumbar support, and dual height settings, you’ll never want to leave it. That’s why it’s removable for use on the beach, in camp, or even at home.
- Two 8” Twist and Seal Hatches with Gear Bucket: Access more in-hull storage via Hobie’s Twist and Seal Hatches with clever corkscrew closures. Worry free: The hatch lids can’t be left behind; they are permanently attached.
- Lowrance® Ready: Avid anglers can easily add a fish finder to the Lowrance® Ready transducer mount with its no-drill thru-hull cable plugs. Catch ‘em up.
*All colors, graphics and specifications of all models are subject to change without notice.
Hull Material: Rotomolded Polyethylene
Length: 12' 1" / 3.68 m
Width: 33" / .84 m
Height: 15" / 0.38 m
Maximum Load: 400 lbs / 181 kg
Fitted Hull Weight: 81 lbs / 37 kg
Fully Rigged Weight: 99 lbs / 45 kg
Manufacturer Warranty: 2 Years limited