You have no items to compare.
Elixir 2 Backpacking Tent
The MSR® Elixir 2 tent is an extremely livable performance backpacking tent and an ideal option for backpackers seeking an easy-to-assemble tent at a great value. Unlike many tents in this class, their freestanding tent design features two large doors, two large vestibules for storing gear, and true-to-size capacity for two. The versatile tent balances breathable mesh fabric with solid canopy fabric to provide ventilation, warmth and privacy, while the included footprint offers multiple setup options, including a freestanding Fast & Light pitch with rainfly. Whether you’re planning your first backpacking trip or your next one, the Elixir 2—the most livable backpacking tent in its class—is your remedy.
- Livable: Unique pole geometry optimizes headroom and fits two mats; adaptable rainfly allows for excellent views.
- Fast & Light Setup: Includes an MSR Elixir Footprint that allows for a lightweight Fast & Light setup with rainfly.
- Easy Setup: Freestanding system features color-coded poles, clips and webbing for fast and easy setup.
- Privacy: Mesh and solid fabric panels offer ventilation, warmth and privacy.
- Rainfly: 68D ripstop polyester 1500mm Polyurethane & DWR
- Canopy: 40D ripstop nylon
- Mesh: 20D nylon micromesh
- Floor: 70 taffeta nylon 3000mm Durashield™ polyurethane & DWR
Capacity: 2 Person
Season: 3 Season
Wall Type: Double-Wall
Poles: 7000 series aluminum
Number of Poles: 2
Number of Doors: 2
Number of Vestibules: 2
Vestibule Space: 17.5 (8.75 + 8.75) sq. ft / 1.63 (.82 + .82) sq. m
Gear Loft: Sold Separately
Interior Height: 40 in / 102 cm
Floor Dimensions: 50 x 84 in
Floor Space: 29 sq. ft / 2.69 sq. m
Packed Size: 20 x 7 in / 51 x 17 cm
Fast-pitch Option: yes, footprint included
Trail Weight: 4 lbs 10 oz / 2.1 kg
Packed Weight: 5 lbs 13 oz / 2.64 kg
Manufacturer Warranty: Limited Warranty