Winter Camping Trip
Destination: Mt. Hood National Forest
Where we meet: Next Adventure 9:00 AM, return to shop by 5:00 PM the following day
Duration: 2 Days, 1 Night
Experience Necessary: No Previous Experience Neccessary
What We Provide:
- Trip Planning & Pre-Trip Info
- Free Gear Rental: Tent, stove, sleeping bag, sleep pad, backpack, snowshoes and xc skis (if you need them)
- Meals (2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast)
- Transportation from Next Adventure to Mt. Hood National Forest and return
- Qualified Drivers and Experienced Guides
- The low-down on how to stay warm, safe and comfortable on the trail
- Natural Interpretation of flora, fauna, geology and local history
- Snacks and water treatment
Explore the pleasures of snow camping in the Cascade Mountains with Next Adventure Outdoor School! Learn how to stay cozy, warm and dry when the weather outside gets snowy. Share the thrill of winter's wilderness scene. Snowshoe or cross-country ski with experienced local guides.
Instruction Topics include: winter tents, snow shelters, sleeping bags, insulation, dressing for active winter success, essential winter gear, snow travel, hazards, safety, and planning.
Learn how to build your own snow shelter, and then spend the night in it (or sleep in a tent if you prefer). Our small-group trips are designed to be customized to you!
Come learn how to make winter camping on Mount Hood warm, safe, comfortable - and more fun!
Please take a look at our Winter Preparedness Faq for more information on the additional items you'll need to bring with you.
Next Adventure is a fully-insured licensed Outfitter and Guide with the State of Oregon. Next Adventure is an equal opportunity Recreation Provider operating under special use permit on the Mt. Hood National Forest and Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, USDA Forest Service. Next Adventure Guide-Instructors are locally trail-experienced, and carry current Wilderness First Response certification