The Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail stretches from Mexico to Canada, winding through the high mountains of California, Oregon and Washington. Thru-hikers complete the 2500+ mile journey in 5 months each year. We'll be on the trail as they complete the Oregon Section, so you can meet them and help provide "trail magic" to those dedicated souls. Find out what innovations work and how far you can go to lighten your load.
Join Next Adventure Outdoor School for a unique backpacking trip through some of the most scenic portions of the Oregon PCT between Mt. Jefferson and Mt. Hood.
Learn first-hand what it takes to accomplish such a journey, while enjoying the comforts of a shorter trip accompanied by Next Adventure Instructor-Guides.
- Trip Planning & Pre-Trip Info
- Free Gear Rental: Tent, stove, sleeping bag, sleep pad & backpack (if you need them)
- Meals (4 lunches, 3 dinners, 3 breakfasts)
- Transportation to and from shop in a smooth-riding van
- Qualified Drivers and Experienced Guides
- The low-down on how to stay warm, safe and comfortable on the trail
- Natural Interpretation of flora, fauna, geology and local history
- Snacks and water treatment
- Big trees and bigger mountain views
What you need to bring:
- Sturdy hiking shoes with synthetic or wool socks (2 sets)
- Hiking apparel (anything but cotton) (2 sets)
- Water (2 quart capacity) & - snacks if you have special dietary needs
- Sun and rain gear
- Headlamp/flashlight & batteries
- Lightweight mug and/or bowl
- Spoon or spork
- Personal hygiene and medications
- Your sense of awe and wonder
- Your trail essentials (see below)
Things you may want to bring:
- Trekking poles
- Notebook / sketchbook
- Field guide
- Backpacking chair
- Map & Compass
- Water & Extra Food
- Extra Clothing Layers & Rain Gear
- Sun Gear (sunglasses, sunblock, hat)
- First Aid Kit & personal meds
- Matches/lighter & firestarter
- Gear repair kit & Emergency survival kit
- Toilet paper in 2 plastic bags
Destination: Pacific Crest Trail, Mt. Hood National Forest
Where we meet: Next Adventure 9:30 AM on August 5th, return to shop by 5:00 PM August 8th
Duration: 4 Days
Experience Necessary: No Previous Experience Neccessary
Equipment Provided: Next Adventure will provide transportation, snacks, and experienced guides that can answer questions about the flora, fauna, geology and local history of the trail.
1. Pick the Date and Time(if available) you would like to attend.
2. Enter the Height and Weight of each person attending in the 'Height & Weight' field.
*The Minimum age is 14. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
3. Set the 'Quantity' to the number of people you are registering.
You must sign up online at least 24 hours in advance. If you wish to attend a class that is taking place in less than 48 hours, you must call to register.
Call 503-233-0706 and select the 1st option to reach our Outdoor Store.
Next Adventure Outdoor Store Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-7pm, Sat 11am-6pm, Sun 11am-5pm
Next Adventure is a fully-insured licensed Outfitter and Guide with the State of Oregon. Next Adventure is an equal opportunity Recreation Provider operating under special use permit on the Mt. Hood National Forest and Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, USDA Forest Service. Next Adventure Guide-Instructors are locally trail-experienced, and carry current Wilderness First Response certification.