ACA Swiftwater Rescue Workshop
Getting in an accident stinks! Getting in an accident on water stinks even more! Don’t put yourself in jeopardy by not knowing what to do in the event of an accident. Take our 2-day rescue course to gain knowledge and skills to save you and your friends’ lives in the event of an accident.
You’ll learn the following:
- Proactive prevention of river accidents and injuries.
- Key self-rescue skills.
- Avoiding river hazards by understanding hydrology, hazards, and river features.
- Fast, simple, low-risk strategies for management of river accidents
- Methods for recovering swimmers, loose boats, and equipment.
- Advanced rope-based and in-water skills
- Experience using a rescue PFD and understand its strengths and weaknesses
- Rescue scene management principles needed within a paddling group
Qualifying participants can receive documentation of ACA Level 4 Safety & Rescue Skills Assessment if desired.
Questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For some thoughts from our ACA-certified Swiftwater Rescue Instructor, Dave Hoffman, check out his video on a near flush drowning he witnessed.
Where: Clackamas/Sandy Rivers
How long: 18 hours
Student to Teacher Ratio: 4:1
Experience Necessary: No experience required
Equipment Needed: All necessary equipment will be provided