We know you're dying to get that gear in your hands and it should be known that we're stoked to get it out to you as fast as we can. With this in mind, please read the following details:
- We aim to ship your order by the next business day from receiving it. So, if you place an order on Monday, for example, your order would ship out on Tuesday, the next business day. If your order is placed on Friday, it will ship out on Monday. Pretty standard stuff. Expedited orders are guaranteed to ship by the next business day.
- We can only ship to the U.S. (Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, APO’s and the lower 48 states) and Canada at this time. We hope to ship to other countries as soon as we can get our pigeons to fly a little longer without a break.
- In the rare case your order will take more than one business day to ship, we will contact you—via phone or email or pony express (ok, probably not)—to let you know what the time frame will be.
- Large or heavy items, such as kayaks, skis, family tents, camp chairs, or bowling balls—wait, we don't sell bowling balls!—may not qualify for our free shipping offer, or may have additional shipping charges. Sigh. We wish we could do something about this, but we can't unfortunately. If your toy falls into this category, the additional shipping charge will be listed on the product page or in your order invoice during checkout.
- Standard shipping and UPS Ground shipping time frames are estimates only. While 99% of our shipments do arrive within the stated time frame, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the time frames of these shipping methods. Transit times are out of our hands once the gear flies out of our warehouse. But, we'll be fast getting it to you. We do promise that.
Free Shipping Offer
Spend over $50.00 and receive free standard shipping within the lower 48 U.S. states. WOO HOO! Please see below for estimated delivery time.
You must select "Standard Shipping" as your shipping option at checkout. All other shipping options (such as "UPS Ground") will incur a shipping charge. Shipping address must be valid for both UPS and USPS (U.S. Postal Service) delivery, as we may use either shipping method.
Some exceptions apply such as oversized items. Excludes HI, AK, U.S. territories, APO/FPO addresses and P.O. boxes. These destinations will incur a shipping charge. If any other exceptions apply, we will contact you prior to shipping your order.
What shipping carrier will you use if I select Standard Shipping?
Under the Standard Shipping option, we will select the most efficient method of shipment for your shipping location. We may use USPS Priority Mail, USPS Parcel Post, USPS First Class, UPS Ground depending upon your delivery location and the weight of your package. Don't worry, we're professionals here and we'll get your package out in the quickest way possible!
Standard: If you do not qualify for free shipping (above), standard shipping in the lower 48 states is one flat charge of $7.99. That's not that much. Please see below for charges to other addresses and territories.
Other U.S. Options: The shipping charge for all other U.S. shipping methods (including express shipping) is calculated based on weight, parcel dimensions and shipping destination. The shipping charge closely approximates the actual published rate and we do not charge any "handling fees", though we handle your package quite well, just so you know.
Shipping Rate Calculator: To obtain an exact shipping quote, place an item(s) into your shopping cart. Scroll to the bottom of the page and use the Shipping Rate Calculator tool.
Standard Shipping to HI, AK, U.S. territories, APO/FPO addresses and P.O. boxes
Orders being sent to these addresses are required to go by US Postal Service. Shipping charges are $15 for orders up to $150, and just $10 for orders over $150.
Standard Shipping to Canada
Orders being shipped to Canada will go by USPS Canadian Post. This will be determined by Next Adventure in order to keep prices as low as possible for you. Shipping charges are $24.99 for orders up to $100, and just $14.99 for orders over $100. Your package is subject to customs, tariff, duty, Value added Tax (VAT), etc. You are responsible for these additional fees and no, we won't break the law by saying that the package is a gift or by altering the price of the product.
In Store Pickup
You can choose to have your order made available at one of our two Portland, Oregon locations. If you chose In Store Pickup for your order, your order will be available on the next business day after 4pm (Mon-Fri) or after 2pm (Sat-Sun) at the location you chose. A photo ID is required when picking up your purchase.
Kayaks, canoes, and SUPs require special handling and therefore cost a bit more to ship. We strive to minimize this cost as much as possible and bear the brunt of the actual shipping charge. Most inflatables will ship for $29. Most hardshell boats will ship for $99. There are exceptions so please see the shipping charges once the boat has been added to your cart.
Inflatables and some short whitewater boats will ship via UPS Ground. Most other kayaks, canoes, and SUP's will ship via ground freight with the carrier of our choice. We will usually ship the boat the next business day and the typical transit time is 1-5 days. Expedited shipping is not available on any watercraft. We only ship to the lower 48 states and will cancel your order if you attempt to ship it outside of the lower 48. Please don't be like, "Hey, I'm currently in Tanzania, Africa working on a wildlife preserve and I need a new tent. Can I order one from you guys and you send it my way?" Sorry, it's not going to happen. It's too expensive for us to do that. Have your aunt Mabel in Arizona order it from us, have it shipped to her, and then send it to you.
Unless it is an inflatable boat, you must ship the boat to a commercial addresses. We're sorry but a 12 foot Perception kayak isn't going to be left at your apartment door. The mailman would hate us if he had to deliver kayaks and other large boats like this to to your front door via standard shipping. If you don't have a commercial address, then the boat will be shipped to the nearest freight terminal for you to pick up. Where the heck is that, you ask? Except for extreme cases, the terminal is usually located within a short drive. If you require residential delivery, please contact us and we'll see if we can make it happen.
You are responsible to inspect for shipping damage when you receive it and before the driver leaves. If you fail to do this, the boat will not be covered by the carrier's shipping insurance. If you are picking the boat up at a freight terminal, then you must inspect it at the terminal prior to taking the boat home.
Once your order is placed, a Next Adventure representative will contact you. If you have any questions, feel free to call customer service at 877-838-2816 or email us anytime.
*Hobie items are not eligible for free shipping. Hobie Kayaks have a minimum freight charge of $189. (The Pro Angler and Adventure Island have a minimum freight charge of $249. Tandem Islands have a minimum freight charge of $349.)