You have no items to compare.
Islay 12 LV Touring Kayak
The Islay 12 offers the features of a touring kayak in a compact, lightweight package. A smaller version of the Islay 14, the 12 will appeal to people who want to explore smaller lakes and rivers but still want the option of taking along enough gear for an overnight trip.
The Islay 12 is ultra-stable and quick through the water, nimble on edge and fun to paddle. Offered with Venture’s innovative new under-stern Skudder® system.
Smaller and lighter paddlers will benefit from the fit and responsiveness of the LV size.
- Semi flat mid hull with a slight V: Gives stability, manoeuvrability and great tracking..
- Full volume bow: Helps lift over waves and give you a drier ride.
- Volume in bow and stern: Carry all your gear with ease.
- Rear weighting & upright stern: Long water line allows you to keep speed up across the bay.
- Ergonomic cockpit position: So you can paddle all day in comfort.
- Removable pod, 2 large hatches and paddle park: Store all your gear for longer trips.
- Deck elastics: Store map and spare paddles for easy access.
- Fishing rod holder mounts, soft curve for easy mounting: For optional fishing rod holders.
- Skeg and Skudder® option: Venture’s new revolutionary steerable skeg system. The Skudder® combines the simplicity of a skeg with the efficiency of an understern rudder. Bombproof durability and versatility make the Skudder® the best choice for controlling your kayak in all conditions. Available only on Venture kayaks.
*Please call for color selection*
Hull Material: Polyethylene
Maximum Load: 200lbs
Cockpit Dimensions: Length - 35.5" Width - 18.9"
- Front Hatch: 3.2gals
- Rear Hatch: 7.4gals
Claimed Weight: 47.6lbs