E-commerce Fulfillment / Warehouse
Next Adventure employees are passionate about the outdoors and strive to make a positive impact in the company and our community every day. The role of every employee is to promote our mission: Inform. Outfit. Excite
Job Description: The Order Fulfillment Specialist plays an integral part in assuring that all of Next Adventure's customers have the best experience possible by fulfilling orders and managing inventory accurately and efficiently. This position is also heavily involved with daily warehouse duties and communication with the sales staff at our Portland locations.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Pulling items from proper locations and preparing for shipment
• Mindfully packaging and shipping orders while maintaining the highest level of accuracy
• Load and unload material onto or from pallets, racks, and shelves by hand or forklift
• Checking in and labeling incoming inventory against purchase orders and vendor packing slip
• Verify completeness of goods received against bills of lading, invoices, and other records
• Operate pallet jacks, dollies and forklift to load or unload trucks
• Perform inventory cycle-count as required
• Interact with vendors, trucking lines, customers and appropriate personnel to ensure effective communications and dissemination of goods as required.
• Be familiar with services of the organization and their associated functions
• Perform various other duties as assigned by Warehouse Manager
Job Qualifications: The qualified candidate will be extremely detail-oriented, proficient at multi-tasking, able to work in a fast-paced environment and possess great organizational, communication, and math skills.
Essential Physical Requirements:
• Must be able, without assistance, to repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to maintain a high level of frequency in other physical activities such as reaching, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling and crouching.
• Inventory management/warehouse experience
• Experience with Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word.
• Familiarity with outdoor gear is a big plus
• Experience with shipping software and services
To increase your chances of employment, apply in person with your resume and cover letter at one of our retail locations. Answer the following questions in your cover letter: What position are you applying for? How would you make an impact on our business? What is your superpower? Applying from out of town? Please email your application to [email protected]