Next Adventure surrounds itself with employees who are passionate about the outdoors and want to make a positive impact in the company every day. The role of every Sales Associate is to promote our mission:
Inform. Outfit. Excite.
The Sales Associate is the true heartbeat of the store. Customers keep coming back due to the knowledge, passion and approachability of our team members. If you want to share your love of the outdoors with our customers and be a part of something unique and special, submit your cover letter and resume now! Currently, we are looking for folks for our Camping, Apparel and Climbing and Footwear Departments. Experience in these categories a plus.
- Provide excellent customer service, every shift, every opportunity. Next Adventure has built a reputation for having friendly, honest and knowledgeable staff that is always willing to help guide customers through one of the best shopping experiences around. We're not just selling gear. We are selling the journey.
- Asking for the sale is an often overlooked aspect of the job, but there's a reason why "sales" is in the name of the position. All Sales Associates must develop their own personal and effective approach to closing a sale. You should be passionate about what you’re selling and share that passion with customers.
- Gain the required product knowledge. Next Adventure will provide access to clinics, literature, online resources, Sales Reps and more, but it is the responsibility of each Sales Associate to learn and retain product knowledge.
- Great communication is found in all successful companies, and Next Adventure is no different. Sales Associates are expected to have effective written and verbal communication skills and use established communication systems to their fullest.
- Be a positive part of the team. If you have a sense of humor, use it. When there is an opportunity to help a co-worker, be the first to volunteer. If a product display needs improving, take action!
- Maintain stock levels. Stocking the sales floor is required daily to meet customer demand. Sales Associates must learn and use the provided systems for inventory management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service and outdoor retail experience (preferred)
- Detail oriented
- Light to moderate lifting, with reasonable accommodation
- Standing for long periods of time
- Basic math skills
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
To increase your chances of employment, apply in person with your resume and cover letter at one of our retail locations. Answer the following questions in your cover letter: What position are you applying for? How would you make an impact on our business? What is your superpower? Applying from out of town? Please email your application to [email protected]