You have no items to compare.
inReach Explorer+ Satellite Communicator
You may venture off the grid, but you can still stay in touch — as long as you’re carrying an inReach Explorer+. These handheld satellite communicators are designed for the outdoor enthusiast who wants to roam farther and experience more — without compromising their loved ones‘ peace of mind. From backcountry experiences to international adventures, inReach provides communication, location sharing, navigation and critical SOS functions for anyone who loves getting away from it all, on land, water or in the skies.
- Using the worldwide coverage of the Iridium satellite network, these go-anywhere portable devices let you exchange text messages with any cell phone number or email address — while using GPS to track and share your journey’s progress.
- You can also post to social media or even communicate inReach-to-inReach in the field.
- In case of an at-risk situation, you can also use inReach to trigger an SOS to the 24/7 monitoring center, text back and forth about the nature of your emergency, and receive confirmation when help is on the way.
- Turn on the tracking function of your inReach Explorer+ communicator, and let family and friends follow your progress on their computers or mobile devices, using the web-based MapShare™ portal.
- The optional inReach weather forecast service provides detailed updates directly to your inReach device, compatible smartphone or tablet paired with the Earthmate app, so you’ll know what conditions to expect en route.
- GEOS is the world leader in emergency response solutions and monitoring. They’ve supported rescues in more than 140 countries, saving many lives in the process. And they’re standing by 24/7/365 to respond to your SOS, track your device and notify the proper contacts and emergency responders in your area. Then, while help is on the way, GEOS will continue to text back and forth with you, providing updates and critical information until your situation is resolved.
- Tough, durable, impact resistant and water-rated to IPX7, the inReach Explorer+ handhelds are built to keep you up and running — no matter what the elements throw at you.
- Dimensions: 2.7" x 6.5" x 1.5" (6.8 x 16.4 x 3.8 cm) with keypad and SOS door bump
- Weight: 7.5 oz (213.0 g)
- Water Rating: IPX7
- Battery: Rechargeable internal lithium ion
- Display Type: transflective color TFT
- Display Size: 1.4"W x 1.9"H (3.5 x 4.7 cm); 2.31" diag (5.9 cm)
- Display Resolution: 200 x 265 pixels
- Battery Life: Up to 100 hours at 10-minute tracking mode (default); up to 75 hours at 10-minute tracking with 1-second logging; up to 30 days at the 30-minute interval power save mode; and up to 3 years when powered off
- Memory / History: 2 GB
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Interface: USB
- Ability to add maps: Yes
- Waypoints / Favorites / Locations: 500
- Routes: 20
- Preloaded maps: 1:24k map of Garmin Yarmouth (Former DeLorme) North America data of the U.S. and Canada. Mexico also is included at a 1:125k scale (derived from Garmin Yarmouth’s Digital Atlas of the Earth)
- Barometric altimeter: Yes
- Compass: Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)