You have no items to compare.
Oasis Tandem Kayak MirageDrive 180 - 2017
The Oasis is stretched-out and spacious, the more performance-oriented of Hobie’s pair of tandems powered by the new, feature-packed MirageDrive 180°. So speedy yet boasting a robust carrying capacity suitable for a weekend camping trip or fishing with enough gear to stock a tackle shop—there are four convenient hatches and a generous on-deck storage area, as well as molded-in rod holders. The Oasis gets the job done in style and comfort.
- MirageDrive 180°: Hobie’s bioengineered MirageDrive propulsion system for kayaks was revolutionary in its inception in 1997 and has been evolving ever since. Now comes the biggest evolution - so far. Introducing the patent-pending Hobie MirageDrive 180 forward-reverse propulsion system that will be integrated into all 2017* model year Mirage kayaks.
Weighing in at under eight pounds, the MirageDrive 180 produces full power in both directions and offers unprecedented maneuverability. The user can pull one of two shift cables to pivot the fins 180 degrees, almost instantly from forward to reverse and back again. The dual fins provide shallow water access and easy shore landings by simply pushing one pedal forward.
- Molded Carrying Handles: Ergonomic handles fitted to stainless padeyes make portaging easier and more comfortable.
- Large Bow Hatch: Enables easy access to the bow's stowage compartment. A security strap with a detachable clip tethers the hatch; abovedeck, Bungee® cords secure extra gear.
- Rudder Up / Down Control: Soft handle makes fingertip steering easy.
- Mesh Stowage Pocket: Easy access and safe stowage for the things you reach for most.
- Three 8" Twist and Seal Hatches: An efficient corkscrew mechanism ratchets down this hatch, keeping stowed items secure irrespective of the sea state. The lid is permanently attached to its base via a hinge, so you don't have to worry about leaving it at last night's campground.
- Cup Holder: Cold, hot or somewhere in between--Hobie's got a convenient spot for your favorite beverage.
- Mid-Boat Carrying Handle: These ergonomic handles are bolted onto either side of the kayak's cockpit, making it easier to negotiate launching ramps or transport.
- Vantage CT Seating: New state-of-the-art design, with 4-way adjustability for more comfort in the cockpit or on the beach, Enjoy breathability, infinite flexibility and better visibility.
- Sail Mount: The optional Mirage Sail Kit's mast securely steps onto a deck-mounted fitting. Enjoy added power without complication; Mirage Sail Kits make sailing fun and easy.
- Rod Holders: These molded-in holsters securely tote your rods, are perfectly angled for trolling and can accommodate a gaff, nets, and other gear.
- Rear Cargo Area: Big adventures demand plenty of gear. These molded areas and Bungee® tie-downs ensure that it's still there when you get to camp.
- Large Twist and Stow Rudder: Hobie's Twist and Stow Rudder is there when you need it, gone when you don't. Simply pull one of the T-shaped control handles to engage or disengage the retractable-rudder system. Fingertip-operated steering makes driving a snap.
- Lowrance® Ready
*All colors, graphics and specifications of all models are subject to change without notice.
Hull Material: Rotomolded Polyethylene
Length: 14 ft 6 in (4.42 m)
Width: 33 inches (83.82 cm)
Maximum Load: 550 lbs. (249.48 kg)
Claimed Weight: 127 lbs. (57.61 kg)
Manufacturer Warranty: 2 Year Limited