Mind Expander - Women's 2020
The Women’s Mind Expander is an alternative freeride board built to slash every terrain feature in sight. Surf shaper Chris Christenson and Jeremy Jones designed the Women’s Mind Expander for the creative rider who draws lines blending freestyle, freeride and surf styles. For playful float in pow the Mind Expander features a Christenson Surf Rocker profile, 3D Contour Base 3.0 and a hybrid directional shape. The blunted nose, squared off tail and tight sidecut offer the nimble maneuverability of a directional board with the freestyle abilities of a directional twin. New for 2020, the Mind Expander features an updated FSC Bamboo Surf Core for better edge response and turn power, Basalt Power Stringers for reduced board chatter and Rounded Recycled ABS Sidewalls for improved topsheet durability.
- 3D CONTOUR BASE 3.0 - Freeride focused 3D-base contours featuring an even balance of 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose and 7mm of spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.
- CHRISTENSON SURF ROCKER PROFILE - Custom tip/tail rocker profile designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson for the Mind Expander, Mountain Surfer and Storm Chaser. The nose rocker starts just inside of the front inserts and the tail rocker starts just at the back inserts. When you weight the tail of the board the nose ramps up out of the snow for insane float on the deepest days. These subtle rocker contours match a Christenson surfboard rocker profile.
- TRACTION TECH - Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
- PROGRESSIVE SIDECUT - At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- SINTERED 9900 - Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE.
- WEND NATURAL WAX - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- BIAX FIBERGLASS - A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- FACTORY TUNED - All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- OVERSIZED RECYCLED EDGES - All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- RECYCLED ROUNDED ABS - New rounded sidewall finish that improves board durability by protecting top sheet from chipping. Available on all splitboards and Surf Series models.
- WEB FUSED CARBON - New carbon stringer pack that blends different widths of carbon matched to the specific needs of the board model. Featured on the surf collection models to eliminate nose vibration and on the Solution splitboard as a reinforcement under the binding. Made in the USA, EXCLUSIVE for Jones.
- ECO PLASTIC TOPSHEET - Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- SUPER SAP BIO RESIN - All Jones boards are now built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
- FSC™ BAMBOO SURF CORE - Re-designed triple density Bamboo Surf wood core that features primarily paulownia stringers with bamboo stringers positioned in the pocket of the sidecut for better edge response and turn power.
- FLIP FLOP BASE - Producing two or more base color options minimizes p-tex waste. Order may be filled with either color. Color does not vary by size.
New for 2020, all Jones snowboards and splitboards features 100% FSC wood cores and are molded with Super Sap Bio-Resin. Proud member of 1% For The Planet, Jones donates 1% of sales to fight climate change by supporting non-profit partners Protect Our Winters and Community Carbon Trees.
Profile: Surf Rocker
Effective Edge: 106.6cm
Waist Width: 24.4cm
Sidecut Radius: 6.3m
Stance Width: 51cm
Stance Setback: 0cm
Base: Sintered 9900
Recommended Rider Weight: 100 - 150 lbs.
Manufacturer Warranty: 2 Year Limited
*Specs based off of 146cm board length.