You have no items to compare.
Malecite KX Canoe
Experience the canoe that started it all on the rivers of Vermont executed in state of the art modern materials. Mad River Canoe's original and much revered classic has proven to be truly timeless.
Designed originally as a tandem the Malecite also excels as a solo, making for a truly versatile touring canoe. A carefully engineered matrix of aramid, fiberglass, carbon and core yields a hull that is lighter, faster, more responsive than earlier editions yet has retained in full measure the stability, surprising seaworthiness, and “spark” that has endeared the Malecite to multiple generations of paddlers, tandem or solo. It's a design that has been referred to as “Poetry in motion” by those who have paddled it.
- Shallow Vee
- Moderate Rocker
- Side Profile: Flared Symmetrical
- Contoured Web Seats with Aluminum Gunwales
- Contoured Natural Ash Yoke
- Wood Handles
- Hull Material: Aramid (KX)
- Length: 16' 5" (501 cm)
- Width at Gunwale: 34.5"
- Width at 4" Waterline: 32.25" (82 cm)
- Maximum Width: 34.5" (88 cm)
- Center Depth: 13" (33 cm)
- Bow Depth: 19" (48 cm)
- Stern Depth: 18" (46 cm)
- Maximum Load: 850 lbs (386 kg)
- Bow Rocker: 1.5" (4 cm)
- Stern Rocker: 2" (5 cm)
- Claimed Weight: 47 lbs (21 kg)
- Manufacturer Warranty: Lifetime warranty against material or manufacturing defects in the hull