You have no items to compare.
A noted wild edibles authority, Doug Benoliel provides more than 65 thorough descriptions of the most common edible plants of the Pacific Northwest region, from asparagus to watercress, juneberries to cattails, and many, many more! He also includes a description of which poisonous "look-alike" plants to avoid -- a must-read for the foraging novice.
- Suitable for novice foragers and seasoned botanists alike
- More than 65 of the most common edible plants in the Pacific Northwest are thoroughly described
- Poisonous plants commonly encountered are also included
- Detailed illustrations of each plant
- An illustrated guide to general plant identification principles
- Seasonality charts for prime harvesting
- A selection of simple foraging recipes
- Glossary of botanical terms