You have no items to compare.
Nº08 Stainless Steel Folding Knife + Sheath
The Nº08 is THE versatile knife: Essential during sports, bivouacs, it also is very appreciated for fishing and hunting. With its alpine sheath that has a passing and a snap hook, it will follow you everywhere.
- Blade Length: 8.5 cm (3.35 in)
- Sandvik stainless steel: Opinel uses Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel. It is anti-corrosive thanks to the addition of chrome and requires no special maintenance. Its carbon content of at least 0.40% provides an excellent cutting edge.
- Yatagan blade shape: The classic Opinel blade has adopted a Yatagan shape. The Yatagan shape is inspired by a traditional Turkish saber, the toe up. The blade is ground to an exclusive convex profile that ensures the strength of the blade and allows efficient regrinding.
- Handle: Beech is the most commonly used wood for the manufacture of Opinel handles. From France, our beech is hard, durable and easy to work. With a homogeneous appearance, its light color varies from yellow to pink. It is characterized by the presence of numerous small, -dark dashes.
- Safety Ring: Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives as of the Nº 06. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport)
- Made in: France