You have no items to compare.
Exos 48 Backpack 2017 Model
When the trail is long and ounces count, reach for the Osprey Exos 48. Made with the ultralight thru-hikers in mind, everything about this pack is light and fast. The mesh Airspeed™ Suspension stabilizes the load and simultaneously provides maximum airflow for high-output ventilation. The ExoForm™ hipbelt and shoulder harness combine for all-day carrying comfort.
Osprey designers built this pack from light but durable 100D High Tenacity nylon and added superlight YKK zippers. Along with featherweight materials, the top lid is removable, as are all external straps to shave a few more ounces. The integrated Flapjacket™ remains to protect your gear if the weather turns nasty.
Mesh side pockets with InsideOut™ compression combine storage and stability. The front stretch mesh pocket gives you quick access to a map or an extra layer. Two zippered hipbelt pockets keep snacks and essentials secure.
The pack includes an ice axe attachment loop just in case you’re in the mood to blitzkrieg an alpine adventure. External cord tie-off points give you the option to lash on additional gear.
If you dream of thru-hiking the Continental Divide or the Colorado Trail, the Exos 48 is the tool for the job.
- AirSpeed™ SL Suspension: The Exos peripheral frame is an 6065 aluminum alloy with an internal suspended cross strut providing excellent load carrying support. A 3D tensioned mesh backpanel with full side ventilation is stretched over this ergonomic frame, creating excellent pack to-body contact while maintaining superior ventilation.
- ExoForm™ Harness: The ExoForm™ sewn-in, EVA foam padded harness combines breathability and performance with seamless layered mesh covered foam and spacer mesh at the shoulders and breathable, padded mesh where the harness wraps beneath the armpits. A smooth, breathable contact surface is formed providing comfort and stability while an adjustable sternum strap with rescue whistle buckle and sewn-in stretch woven pockets round out the features.
- ExoForm HipBelt: The ExoForm™ sewn-in hipbelt features seamless layered mesh covered foam providing exceptional comfort , cushioning and load transfer. Zippered hipbelt pockets provide easy access to essentials while a modified, straight ErgoPull™ closure ensures a snug, supportive fit.
- Tie-Off Points: Multiple cord tie-off points for the quick attachment of additional gear are located on both sides of the front panel on each Exos Series pack.
- Floating Top Lid - A removable floating top lid with an internal key clip and underlid zippered mesh pocket provides extra organization and can be removed to shave weight
- Mesh Side Pockets with InsideOut™ Compression - Dual side stretch mesh pockets with InsideOut™ compression allow for extra tension and more secure loads in the side pockets
- Zippered Hipbelt Pockets - Dual zippered hipbelt pockets provide secure storage for often needed items
- Sleeping Pad Straps - Cross functional, removable sleeping pad straps provide external gear carrying options
- Integrated FlapJacket™ - Osprey’s FlapJacket™ system provides compression and protection from the elements for the main pack compartment when the top lid is not in use.
- Stretch Mesh Front Pocket - Large front stretch mesh pocket for quickly stashing gear
- Tool Attachment - A single tool loop at the base of the pack works in conjunction with the side compression strap for secure tool carry
Material: 100D high tenacity Nylon, 100D high tenacity ripstop nylon
Gear Capacity: 20 - 40 lbs
Waist Belt: Adjustable, padded, with pockets
Gear Loops: Yes
Ice Axe Carry: Yes
Trekking Pole Carry: Yes, Stow-on-the Go™
Rain Cover: No
Manufacturer Warranty: Lifetime / Osprey's Almighty Guarantee
|Volume:||45 Liters||48 Liters||51 Liters|
|Dimensions:||26" × 14" × 12"||28" × 14" × 12"||30" × 14" × 12"|
|Weight:||2.23 lbs||2.31 lbs||2.4 lbs|