You have no items to compare.
Cirque X MIPS Snow Helmet 2017
Pret proudly introduces Cirque X with VTT4 - a radical new developement in Pret's search for ultimate in ventilation control. A true helmet for all conditions. The all new Cirque combines VTT4 with the latest evolution of ACT to take durability and protection to the next level. Pret combined different thicknesses of Polycarbonate sheet to create the lightest, one highest performing helmets available. A new full wrap lower shell combined with MIPS, Recco and Fidlock buckles. The rock solid RCS fit system and X Static fabric complete the package.
- Pret X: Pret developed this line to provide the ultimate combination of performance, durability and safety. MIPS® and RECCO® help Pret push the envelope for snow sports safety and highest performance. MIPS® to better handle certain impacts and RECCO® for the backcountry. PRET X lives at the limits.
- MIPS: MIPS sets a new standard in helmet safety. Developed by brain surgeons and scientists to help address injury due to rotational acceleration with the goal to reduce rotational forces on the brain caused by angled impacts to the head. The quick version - When a head rotates quickly and comes to a sudden stop rotational forces on the brain cause high levels of strain. The stressing of the tissue can result in various types of brain injury. Science has shown that by reducing the sudden strain on the tissue caused by rotational forces coming to a quick stop it might reduce the severity of the brain injury. MIPS uses a low-friction slip plane system that is designed to rotate inside the helmet absorbing rotational energy potentially reducing the rotational energy transfer to the head.
- RECCO®: RECCO® technology makes you searchable to professional rescuers in the event of an avalanche accident. The technology enables rapid directional pinpointing of a victim’s precise location using harmonic radar. The two-part technology consists of a RECCO® detector used by 700+ rescue organizations worldwide, and RECCO® reflectors that are integrated into apparel, helmets, protection gear, and boots. The reflector is permanently affixed, requires no training for use and needs no batteries to function.
- VTT4 Vent Tuning Technology: NEW VTT4 Ventilation on the Cirque X opens up like no other helmet to allow for a massive amount of ventilation when you need it most, or shut down completely when conditions call for complete protection from the elements. Front & rear channels in the system move the excess air out the back even when the vents are closed. Goggle vents have been optimized for fit & function with top performance goggles.
- RCS Fit System: Designed by Pret, the Ripcord System (RCS) is the perfect micro-adjustable, compact and ergonomic fit system. Simply pulling up on the adjustment dial and the exclusive Ripcord feature instantly releases the system. One full turn gives you 4 cm of micro-adjustment.
- ACT (Advanced Composite Technology): Optimized materials and construction - ACT places specific materials in key zones on the helmet and only where they add perfomance.
- Audio Ready Pockets: Drop in your audio for seamless tunes while cruising the hill. We recommend Outdoor Tech® Chips® audio (not included) for a seamlessly integrated audio experience. However most earbud style audio systems will fit underneath our Covert ear covers.
- Covert Ear Cover System: Quickly and easily remove your ear covers without messing with the fit system. Perfect for hot spring days when you have quick weather changes.
- X-Static®: Made with 99% pure silver, X-Static® enhances products with a permanent anti-oder and antimicrobial performance. It naturally inhibits the growth of bacteria in apparel and textiles, keeping odors in check and gear smelling fresher. X-Static® also has natural temperature regulating properties to keep you performing at your best.
- Fidlock SNAP Buckle: One hand operation with automatic closure even with gloves on. Way better then regular buckles.
- Certified: All Pret helmets are ATSM F2040 and CE EN1077 certified.