You have no items to compare.
9R Medium Whitewater Kayak
From races to waterfalls and expeditions, the 9R holds its line, but thanks to its extreme rocker profile, it will also let you turn on a dime. A planing hull with soft edges will let you soul surf forever, carving as much as you like without catching you out, and the high bow will keep you from nose diving into the front of the wave.
The front wave-deflectors don't just look cool, they stayed put in the 9R's design by special request of Pyranha's Team Paddlers, and they do wonders to accelerate the boat over any hole and deflect the water away from your face so you can concentrate on your next move.
The 9R suits a paddling style with control strokes around the bow to middle of the boat, so you can make sure each one gives you power, and the speed and maneuverability will help you catch more eddies, make more ferry glides and punch through more holes; more importantly, the 9R will let you enjoy paddling even more.
- Swede from Hull: Asymmetric Swede form hull with narrow width for speed.
- Continuous Rocker: For speed.
- Wave Deflector: The latest Pyranha innovative feature, deflects most waves away from the kayak, generating dynamic lift and stopping surface tension, so it doesn't load the kayak with massive weight and slow the kayak down.
- High, Rounder, Flatter Bow: High bow to lift over obstacles, punch through holes and resurface quickly. Rounded edges for forgiveness help to keep you on line. Flatter bow hull directs water under hull for quick bursts to hull speed.
- Slight Edge: Starting in the center running to stern for control.
- Release Off Stern: Clean release off stern with edge.
- Aluminum Grab Handles: Aluminum grab handles are stronger and more durable. Attached with captive inserts for a drier ride.
- Stout Seat: Longer, more ergonomically shaped seat pan provides a 3 way adjustable system that gives a bomb proof seating position.
The 9R can take you anywhere, and fast! You get all the length you need without feeling like you're sitting in a bath tub; the narrow width not only increases the dynamic speed of the boat, but along with Pyranha's innovative C4S outfitting and a lower knee profile, it also increases your connectivity to offer ultimate control.
Hull Material: Polyethylene
Length: 8' 11"
Cockpit Length: 37.4"
Cockpit Width: 19.5"
Volume: 78 gallons
Optimum Paddler Weight: 132 - 209 lbs.
Claimed Weight: 46 lbs.