You have no items to compare.
Machno Large Kayak
Afon Machno, 53.064°, -3.779° the tributary that powers the infamous Fairy Glen, and just over an hour from Pyranha HQ, this is where initial testing for the Machno took place. The Pyranha Machno has been refined through the feedback of Team Pyranha members worldwide to feature a formidable bow rocker profile that keeps you on top of things, and a wide planing hull with soft chines that's both stable and predictable. When you're in the Machno, you'll almost feel as though time has been slowed down as you glide in to the rapids, waiting for the perfect moment to plant those key paddle strokes and nail that boof, flair or kickflip*.
*or just cruise stylishly through the maelstrom.
- Parallel Bow Handle: Bow handle orientated parallel to the kayak's centerline, maintaining a uniform deck peak and allowing a smaller recess to be used, reducing water-loading.
- Action Camera Mount: An insert located just behind the bow handle provides a secure attachment point for a variety of action cameras.
- Second, Full-Sized Bow Handle: A full-sized, drop-forged aluminium handle in place of the bow security point offers increased handling possibilities both on and off the water.
- Curved Deck Peak: Bow and stern decks feature a rounded peak with a lightly concaved gradient, creating positive pressure during resurfacing for stability and control, as well as facilitating easier rolling.
- Open Stern Handle Recess: Extended recess remains open to the stern edge for efficient drainage and comfortable access, whilst also providing a well-guarded drain bung location.
- High Volume Design: Carefully tailored volume provides ample buoyancy through large features, with a pointed bow splitting water efficiently and a rounded stern smoothly deflecting it at the base of drops.
- Wave Deflectors: Another Pyranha innovation; wave deflectors generate dynamic lift through features and break surface tension acting on the kayak's bow, all whilst deflecting spray so you can remain focused.
- Balanced Rocker Profile: Extreme bow rocker lifts the kayak over features, efficiently directing water under the hull for speed, and in combination with the steeli rocker in the stern facilitates almost effortless boofing.
- Softened Side Walls: Deflects water under the hull during turning or when encountering strong cross currents, avoiding a build-uli of pressure that could hinder maneuverability or lead to a capsize.
- Moderate Edge: Developing smoothly from the paddler's feet to the stern, offering grili on big water and controlled carving performance, yet high enough to prevent tripping on cross currents or shallow rock slides.
- Wide, Curved Planing Hull: The stable platform of a wide planing hull gives highly agile, predictable performance and features moderate curvature for soft landings, easy edge transitions and improved tracking.
- Stout 2 Outfitting: Pyranha's second generation Stout system, featuring robust, adjustable thigh grips with optional hooker attachment and over-sized, deep-fill padded hili pads.
Hull Material: Polymer
Length: 274 cm (8' 11")
Width: 67 cm (26.4")
Cockpit Dimensions: 95 cm (35.6") x 53.5 cm (19.5")
Volume: 368 Liters (97.2 US Gallons)
Optimal Load: 165 lbs - 287 lbs (75 kg - 130 kg)
Claimed Weight: 51 lbs. (23 kg)
Recommended Use: River Running
Manufacturer Warranty: One Year Limited Warranty