You have no items to compare.
National Bjorn Snowboard - 2019
There’s the part of Bjorn’s riding that everyone knows—the 20+ years of filming all sides of progressive freestyle snowboarding. There’s another part of his snowboarding—his off-camera riding at Snowbird lapping Chip’s Run, dropping cliffs off the Cirque and sessioning hips in Blackjack gully. Whether the cameras are on or not, Bjorn rides with power and style. So when Rome created the National last year, it was an easy choice to team up with Bjorn for a signature series model since the National lines up perfectly with Bjorn’s style of riding.
- SuperPop Core Matrix - The lightweight, super responsive core found in many of Rome's higher performing boards, this matrix features poplar for power and three zones of low-density wood for lightness.
- 45/90 Hybrid Laminate - The 45 degree fibers deliver edge response and power, while the 90 degree fibers keep the feeling locked and loaded in the freestyle side of things. Then we add carbon for added pop and unmatched lightness.
- TurboRods – Carbon Single Barrel (Carbon Reverse Radial V on Bjorn 158) - This pattern features arcs that start under the bindings and bend towards the middle of the board at the contact points in the nose and tail. On their advanced freestyle boards, this focuses rider energy in the middle of the board for added ollie pop without significantly increasing the torsional response.
- SinterStrong Sidewalls - In some of their all-mountain boards we use sintered sidewalls to increase strength against unwanted impacts. Sintered material is more elastic than traditional sidewall material, so it can absorb impacts more easily without breaking. It also dampens vibration for a smoother overall ride.
- SinterSpeed Base - For most of their high-end boards, this base delivers the premium speed that freeriders need for gliding in cold powder and that freestyle riders need for hitting take offs at the right speed.
- Glasspack Impact Plates - The corners of your bindings put a lot of force on your snowboard when you load energy into the board or when you land big drops. So they place their Glasspak Impact Plates under the four corners of your bindings to absorb and disperse energy before it has a chance to compress the core. The result is 2.5X greater strength.
- Fusion - A modern evolution of a Rome “industry first” that they created back in 2009, Fusion Camber features positive camber through most of the running length, with a small amount of rocker just before the contact points. This design creates a versatile all-mountain freestyle feel that has the power and response of the majority positive camber zone, combined with a smoother overall feel and added rise in powder from the small dose of early rise.
- Directional Twin - When you set these boards on the snow, the part that touches the ground is a twin; from contact point to contact point, they are twin. They are directional in the nose and tail kick areas—the nose is slightly longer than the tail, and the shape of the nose and the tail often differ from each other. With twin and directional components to the shape, these boards are versatile, destroy-anything all-mountain freestyle snowboards.
Shape: Directional Twin
Effective Edge(mm): 1240
Waist Width(mm): 256
Sidecut Radius(m): 8.32
Stance Width: 20.5" - 25.25"
Stance Setback: 0
Mount: 2 x 4
Base: SinterSpeed Base
Recommended Rider Weight(lbs): 130-190
Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years against defects