You have no items to compare.
Aurora (Blem) Snowboard 2016
Like an aurora’s light emitting across the dark skies this Aurora is a swift black slash across the snow’s clean white surface. It’s an independent-flexing, futuristic whip made for aggressive riders who seek ultimate response and control. The chassis begins with Slash's lightest core crafted from select paulownia wood and bamboo stringers, with added strips of ash wood along the inserts and edges to bolster strength and edge hold. It’s encapsulated spacecraft- grade Non-Crimp Fabric bi-axial carbon fiber and tri-axial fiberglass for unmatched spring. The dual camber design places a separate camber profile under each foot, which act independently since the core also has precise Knockout milling between the inserts. Combined with the directional Redline sidecut, the entire system works like a gas pedal underfoot for speed, ollies, swift slashes and total control. Colorways may vary from displayed image.
"B-Grade" items are factory-blemished and provide customers who don't mind these cosmetic imperfections a better deal on equipment. Although there is something imperfect with this item (discoloration, dimples, drill-marks, etc.), it is still covered by the manufacturer's warranty. No "Blem" item deemed "B-Grade" will be functionally compromised, meaning the integrity of the product will be unimpaired.
- Lightweight Woodcore: Crafted with light density paulownia and bamboo stringers for superior strength and minimal heft then strengthened with ash along the inserts for power transfer and along the sidewalls for better on-edge stability This is the lightest, most complex core Slash creates.
- Redline Sidecut: This multi radii directional sidecut is deeper at the tail end for explosive turns. Combined with the Aurora’s dual camber and flex design it allows the rider to accelerate swiftly when pointed forward with weight on the front foot. At the same time it allows the back foot to maintain control and steering.
- NHS Sintered Racebase: World Cup proven race base made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) modified with special Fluoro and Parafin based additives for better glide and increased durability. NHS Race Base is harder and faster than any other sintered base.
- NCF Carbon (Top Layer): “Non Crimp Fabric” (NCF) has better mechanical properties and weighs less than traditional woven fabric. It has a higher load capacity and stronger tensile strength that’s less susceptible to delamination. All of this translates into a snowboard that’s lighter, snappier and more powerful than anything else on the market.
- Triax Fiberglass (Top Layer): Triax Fiberglass is a three-way weave of fiberglass with strands running at 45-degree angles. It provides superior pop, consistent torsional flex, and more overall response.
- UTB Ultimate Traction: This small counter radius (bump) placed in the middle of the board’s sidecut improves edge hold without creating drag or strange edge grip. It adds extra bite on ice and turns regular turns into confident carves.
- Diamond Stone Finish: Slash adds a slight diamond-structured stone grind to the base to maximize glide and optimize durability. It eliminates the slow, suction cup feel that comes with one-dimensional base finishes.
- One Ball Jay Factory Wax: All Slash boards are factory waxed with OneBallJay wax and ready to shred straight out of the wrapper.
Profile: Dual Camber
Shape: Directional Twin
Mount: 6 x 2 Pattern Insert
Core: Wood (Paulownia, Poplar, and center Beechwood strip)
Base: Sintered HD, Diamond-Cut, Die-cut - Colors may vary from display image
Stance Width (inches): 20.5" - 25.2"
Stance Setback (millimeters): 15
Manufacturer Warranty: Two Years
Effective Edge (millimeters):
Waist Width (millimeters):
Sidecut Radius (meters):
155: 8.1 / 6.5
158: 8.5 / 6.9
Recommended Rider Weight (pounds):
155: 135 - 175 lbs.
158: 145 - 185 lbs.