Brainstorm Snowboard 2020
Ready to brave even the biggest of squalls and the sloppiest of chop. The Brainstorm is a highly versatile, maneuverable, and capable directional twin for charging a bevy of conditions and terrain. Its blend of tri-axial and bi-axial fiberglass cloaks the core with a fluid flex and beneath the surface lies a Buried Treasure blend of carbon fiber, Kevlar and basalt stringers underfoot for lightning-like response whether it’s a simple slash, or hefty snap off of the lip. The complex Forever Core is composed of four distinct woods (paulownia, spruce, beech and poplar) for a dynamic, durable and ultra lightweight build. The subtle Traction Bump mid-sidecut provides extra grip in firm snow and the setback camber profile offers rocker lift in the nose for shoveling through crust, chop and fresh slop.
- BACKSEAT CAMROCK - The Backseat CamRock design places rocker in the nose and a slight amount in the tail with positive camber in between. This setback design delivers camber stability and control between the feet and in the tail, with the added float and maneuverability of the rockered nose.
- BURIED TREASURE - This is our ultimate truss of carbon, Kevlar and basalt fibers. The effects are lightness because the connecting strength of fiber allows us to slim the cores thickness. With our strategic placement this gives certain liveliness to the board by adding response to the tips and leaving torsional softness between the feet.
- TRI-AX FIBERGLASS - Triax fiberglass is the time-tested classic. It features a three-way weave of premium fibers with strands running at 45-degree angles. It provides superior pop, consistent torsional flex, and more overall response.
- FOREVER WOODCORE - Constructed from four different lightweight wood species—paulownia, spruce, beech and poplar—for a premium core that offers a highly tuned and dynamic feel. It’s flyweight, durable, filled with pop and highly reactive.
- BIAX FIBERGLASS - Biax fiberglass is a two-way weave of fiberglass with strands running every 90-degrees. It’s more forgiving, easier to flex and and highly versatile for all terrain types.
- SINTERED BASE 6000 - This extruded base with same properties of sintered quality is fast, durable and requires less waxing. We believe in using the best possible materials in our boards.
- BELT FINISH - The belt finish gets your base optimized before it’s fully waxed.
- PROGRESSIVE SIDECUT - Our progressive sidecut design blends many radii and smooth contact points for buttery smooth turn initiation, edge-to-edge transition and edge hold. It’s different for each model and matches the sidecut to the board’s specific camber profile.
- ULTIMATE TRACTION - This small counter radius (bump) placed in the middle of the board’s sidecut improves edge hold without creating drag or strange edge grip. It adds extra bite on ice and turns regular turns into confident carves.
- FACTORY WAXED - All Slash boards are factory waxed with OneBallJay wax and ready to shred straight out of the wrapper.
Profile: Backseat CamRock Rocker / Camber / Rocker
Shape: Directional Twin
Core: Forever Wood Core
Base: Sintered Base 6000
Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years
|NOSE LENGHT [mm]||195||200||205||205||200||205|
|RUNNING LENGHT [mm]||1120||1140||1160||1180||1200||1220|
|TAIL LENGHT [mm]||195||200||205||205||200||205|
|NOSE WIDTH [mm]||284||286||289||298||292||304|
|WAIST WIDTH [mm]||247||248||250||259||252||263|
|WAIST WIDTH [inch]||9.7||9.8||9.8||10.2||9.9||10.4|
|TAIL WIDTH [mm]||284||286||289||298||292||304|
|SIDECUT RADIUS [m]||7.9||8||8.1||8.1||8.3||8.3|
|Min/Max STANCE [cm]||50/62||52/64||52/64||52/64||52/64||54/66|
|Min/Max STANCE [inch]||19.7/24.4||20.5/25.2||20.5/25.2||20.5/25.2||20.5/25.2||21.3/26.0|