You have no items to compare.
Straight Snowboard 2016
This Straight takes a holistically directional concept to new heights. With Backseat CamRock combined with a slightly stiffer tail and a setback stance, this freeride board will handle anything you throw at it. The Landing Strip reinforcement is placed as stringer from the nose to the tail, reducing high velocity chatter while Slash's Forever Wood Core and Slick Tip Profile makes this board incredibly light. The Ultimate Traction in the center of the sidecut promotes edge-hold especially in sketchy spots. Base colorways may vary from image displayed for this snowboard. Display color may not be available.
- Backseat CamRock (subtle camber underfoot, rocker tips): This profile is meant for gliding and smashing powder days.
- Directional shape: Designed to keep you on top of fluff powder and carve it with confidence.
- Stiff Flex (7/10): For all out charges and just enough flex for responsive turns and control.
- Ultimate Traction Bumps: This small counter radius (bump) placed in the middle of the board’s sidecut improves edge hold without creating drag or strange edge grip. It adds extra bite on ice and turns regular turns into confident carves.
- Forever Woodcore: Constructed from four different lightweight wood species—paulownia, spruce, beech and poplar—for a premium core that offers a highly tuned and dynamic feel. It’s flyweight, durable, filled with pop and highly reactive.
- Landing Strip Carbon Stringers: Strips of Kevlar and carbon fiber placed from the inserts to the tips in the nose and tail to support landings and reduce washouts. This design also helps dampen high-speed chatter, offer stability at speed and load up potent ollies.
- Progressive sidecut: Slash's progressive sidecut design blends many radii and smooth contact points for buttery smooth turn initiation, edge-to-edge transition and edge hold. It’s different for each model and matches the sidecut to the board’s specific camber profile.
- Sintered HD Base: Thanks to the addition of carbon and its high-density molecular structure, this sintered HD base provides superior impact resistance and enhanced wax absorbency for sustained speeds.
- Reactive Flex Wrap: A unique two-strand fiberglass blend that in combination with our wood cores promotes flex across the width of the board as well as tip-to-tail. This gives the board a more reactive ride overall. When boardsliding a rail it helps you lift the edge slightly so you don’t hang up. When railing a turn, it helps bite down further with more power.
- Belt-Finished Base: This process allows wax to adhere to the base and provide consistent smoothness.
Profile: Backseat CamRock (subtle camber underfoot, rocker tips)
Mount: 4x4 inserts
Core: Forever Wood (paulownia, beech, poplar, spruce)
Laminates: Reactive flex
Base: sintered HD
Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years
Effective Edge (millimeters):
Waist Width (millimeters):
156: 249 cm
159: 251 cm
161: 254 cm
163: 256 cm
Sidecut Radius (meters):
156: 7.9 m
159: 8.2 m
161: 8.3 m
163: 8.4 m
Stance Width (inches):
156: 19.7 - 24.4
159: 20.5 - 25.2
161: 20.5 - 25.2
163: 20.5 - 25.2
Recommended Rider Weight (pounds):
156: 135 - 175 lbs.
159: 145 - 185 lbs.
161: 160 - 205 lbs.
163: 165 - 210 lbs.