You have no items to compare.
Odachi 1-Piece Whitewater Race Paddle - Bent Standard
Designed from the ground up specific for down river and creek race, in collaboration between Werner engineers and some of the best racers in the world. As race courses are more commonly set on harder and harder runs, Werner wants to assure that going fast doesn’t have to mean worrying about your paddle. The Odachi brings Werner's Bomber reputation to the race paddler.
- With an increased blade to shaft offset, this blade forward design gives a more powerful catch and more verticality through the power phase.
- Greater dihedral to stabilize powerful forward strokes through turbulent conditions.
- Long blade length (49cm) provides greater leverage.
- Race inspired blade tip. Symmetrical shape for more surface area, for more efficiency when matching a more vertical race stroke. Subtle scoop for more purchase.
- Optimized materials and manufacturing techniques to obtain lower weight, remain strong and provide a comfortable flex. Less fatigue on your body overall, for the longer races.
- Because you still hit rocks when you go fast, Dynel® edging is highly abrasion and impact resistant. Protecting the fine-tuned carbon blades from the elements.
- Although Werner's Ultimate performance paddles are far and away their best paddling, their unique design characteristics and materials do not make them Werner's most impact resistant. Look to Werner's Premium paddles for the highest impact resistance.
- Feather Angle: 1-piece options- unfeathered
Note: Design features that make this paddle fast, also make for a unique feel in your hands. Bracing and rolling are different. With Werner's proven River Running line up to round out your quiver, they did not intend the Odachi to be an all around paddle.
Bent Shaft: Align your wrists in a more ergonomic position; reduce fatigue and gain the confidence of full hand contact. Neutral Bent means blade, ferrule and grip in a straight line for a familiar feel of a straight shaft.
Standard Shaft Diameter: The proper shaft size (diameter of the shaft) for your hands assures a more comfortable experience on the water. You'll maintain a lighter grip for better technique, allowing better control and reduced fatigue. Measure your hand size by placing a ruler at the base of your hand (at the joint of your wrist) and measuring to the tip of your middle finger. If you measure longer than 6.5" Werner suggests the standard shaft.
Shaft Type: Bent
Shaft Diameter: Standard
Shaft Lengths: 190 to 203cm in 1cm increments
Shaft Material: Carbon
Blade Feather Angle: Unfeathered
Blade Shape: Whitewater Race
Blade Dimensions: 49cm x 20.5cm
Blade Surface Area: 735cm2
Blade Material: Carbon, Dynel Reinforced Edges
Weight: 1022g (36.0oz)
Made In: Washington State, USA
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year Limited