You have no items to compare.
Kalliste 2-PC Straight Touring Paddle - Small Diameter
The Kalliste is Werner's most advanced low-angle paddle, with their best paddling design and construction features. You’ll feel exceptionally light, buoyant strokes while the smooth back face gives a quiet entrance and exit from the water. The Kalliste is the smart choice for those touring with a low-angle style of paddling and wanting the conservative yet powerful feel of a mid-sized blade.
Shaft Diameter: Choosing the proper shaft size (diameter of the shaft) for your hands assures a more comfortable experience on the water. You'll maintain a lighter grip for better technique, allowing better control and reduced fatigue. Measure your hand size by placing a ruler at the base of your hand (at the joint of your wrist) and measuring to the tip of your middle finger. If you measure smaller than 6.5" Werner suggests the small shaft. Longer, go to Werner's standard shaft. If you are on the line, we suggest you try both at an authorized Werner dealer and see for yourself. Paddlers with shorter, thicker fingers also gravitate to small shaft.
- Ultimate performance brings together all of Werner's most advanced designs.
- Mid-sized blades are an ideal fit for the great majority of average size paddlers.
- The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blades creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and confident strokes.
- Dynel® blade edges use a composite roping material, that is impact and abrasion resistant. This, along with a stronger design and construction, makes the Kalliste the choice over the Ovation model for more rugged paddling environments.
- Dihedral allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, a core philosophy for Werner.
- Smooth back face makes for cleaner entry and exit of your strokes and an elegant feel on the water.
- The Smart View Adjustable ferrule is the most simple, precise fitting on the market. The solid feel of a 1-piece paddle and nothing to snag your gear. (US Patent # 6881111 )
- Shaft Type: Straight
- Shaft Material: Carbon
- Shaft Diameter: Small (6.5" hand measurement or smaller)
- Blade Shape: Low angle
- Blade Material: Carbon
- Blade Size: 52 cm × 16.5 cm
- Blade Surface Area: 643 cm²
- Approximate Weight: 659 grams
- Warranty: One year