You have no items to compare.
Sho-Gun 1-Piece Whitewater Paddle - Bent Standard
The Sho-gun uses Werner's most advanced technology in this river running paddle. As powerful as its name suggests, the rivers that paddlers take the Sho-Gun often need some aggression to navigate each horizon line. Decades of experience led Werner to the chosen paddle for many at the top of their game.
- Ultimate performance brings together all of Werner's most advanced designs.
- The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blade gives confidence for rolling and bracing, especially in aerated rapids.
- Dihedral allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, a core philosophy for Werner.
- Asymmetrical kayak blades are designed for a balanced stroke, reducing torque or twisting of the blade.
- River Running specific shape has a more pronounced tip and more surface area above the center of the blade, this design is optimized for a better forward stroke.
- With white water specific reinforcement channels, our low-profile back face design allows for a quieter catch and effortless exit of the stroke while maintaining strength.
- Dynel® edges and Kevlar® reinforcement protect the paddle from the rigors of the whitewater environment.
- Full sized blades are and ideal fit for larger, well-conditioned paddlers or those looking for more powerful strokes on shorter steeper rapids.
- Optimized flex and strength. Choose Werner's Bomber fiberglass Straight or carbon Neutral Bent shaft in Standard Diameter or Small Diameter.
- Although Werner's Ultimate performance paddles are far and away their best paddling, their unique design characteristics and materials do not make them their most impact resistant. Look to Werner's Premium paddles for the highest impact resistance.
- Feather Angle 1-piece options are unfeathered, Right hand control or left hand control, up to 90 degrees, in 5 degree increments.
Bent Shaft: Align your wrists in a more ergonomic position; reduce fatigue and gain the confidence of full hand contact. Neutral Bent means blade, ferrule and grip in a straight line for a familiar feel of a straight shaft.
Standard Shaft Diameter: The proper shaft size (diameter of the shaft) for your hands assures a more comfortable experience on the water. You'll maintain a lighter grip for better technique, allowing better control and reduced fatigue. Measure your hand size by placing a ruler at the base of your hand (at the joint of your wrist) and measuring to the tip of your middle finger. If you measure longer than 6.5" Werner suggests the standard shaft.
Shaft Type: Bent
Shaft Diameter: Standard
Shaft Lengths: 188 to 203cm in 1cm increments
Shaft Material: Carbon
Blade Feather Angle: Unfeathered
Blade Shape: River Running Dihedral Asymetrical
Blade Dimensions: 48cm x 20.0cm
Blade Surface Area: 711cm²
Blade Material: Carbon, Dynel Reinforced Edges
Weight: 1091g (38.5oz)
Made In: Washington State, USA
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year Limited