You have no items to compare.
Wilderness Navigation Book
The best-selling text on wilderness navigation has been updated and organized to make it easier to learn this vital skill. The official textbook for thousands of navigation courses throughout the world.
- Improvements throughout for clarity, with chapter objectives presented at the beginning of each chapter and summaries, "skills check" mini-quizzes, and practice problems listed at the end
- Updated descriptions of the most current maps, compasses, altimeters, and Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers
- Updated declination maps for the United States and the world (declination changes over time and compasses must be adjusted for a specific location to provide correct readings)
- Much-expanded GPS chapter, including interfacing the GPS receiver with the home computer, maximizing battery life, and using the GPS function on a “smart” phones (along with a description of their limitations)
- Additional information on non-GPS navigational techniques
- Recommended websites, apps, and other sources of useful navigational information