Wander 50 Backpack - Youth
From scouting to school trips, the Wander 50 Youth Pack provides ample capacity and capability. A Large U-zip opening makes access easy at camp, and the adjustable VersaFit suspension provides a lasting, customized fit.
Comprised of a lightweight, sturdy steel wire frame and a harness and waistbelt that are directly integrated into the frame to maximize load support, the VersaFit Suspension effectively transfers load to the hips. Broad adjustability in the backpanel and the waistbelt accommodate the growth of your young backpacker. Aero-mesh construction on the backpanel, shoulder straps and waistbelt helps to wick moisture to help keep hikers cool. An adjustable sternum strap and load-lifter straps further enhance the fit of the Wander 50 Youth pack and ensure the stability of your load while allowing convenient on-the-go adjustment.
The main compartment of the Wander 50 Youth pack has top loading access and, in addition, a large, U-shaped front zipper enables you to quickly put hands on gear and or clothes without having to dump out the entire contents of your pack. Side and bottom compression straps ensure that the contents of the pack remain safely in place. Other storage options include a zippered top lid pocket and a large zippered front pocket. Side stretch mesh pockets are ideal for water bottles.
Other features found on the Wander 50 Youth pack include ice axe/trekking pole attachment points, daisy-chain gear lash points and an integrated raincover. An internal sleeve and built-in pass-throughs make the pack hydration system (sold separately) compatible.
- VersaFit adjustable torso with 3D Foam breathable backpanel.
- Adjustable hipbelts with large zippered pockets.
- Die-cut shoulder harness with sternum strap featuring integrated safety whistle.
- Wishbone alloy frame and fiberglass anti-barreling cross-stay for stable load management and torsional flexibility.
- Raincover included with dedicated zippered pocket for added organization.
- Front U-Zip opening for easy access to the main compartment without removing the top pocket.
- Floating top pocket with underside zippered pocket, reflective attachment points, and key clip.
- Dual side stretch mesh pockets with pass-through for over or under compression.
- Front oversized stretch mesh pocket with multiple webbing attachment points.
- Hydration sleeve with universal hangar and exit port.
- Trekking pole/tool attachment point with bungee closure system.
- Reinforced bottom panel with dual layer construction.
- Custom comfort-grip molded zipper pulls.
|Ideal Fit For||Youth|
|Activity||Backpacking / Day Hiking|
|Compartment Access||Top / Bottom|
|Closure Type||Drawcord / Zipper|
|Number of External Pockets||4|
|Hydration Reservoir Included||No|
|Trekking Pole Attachment||Yes|
|External Material||100% Nylon|
|Frame Material||4mm Alloy Steel & Fiberglass anti-barreling stay & HDPE|
|Pack Body||210D Big Rip Nylon / 420 High Density Nylon|
|Pack Bottom||630D High Density Nylon / 135D High Density Polyester|
|Lining||135D High Density Embossed Polyester|
|Suspension||Perforated Dual Density CLPE & 3D Perforated EVA Foam|
|Fits Torso||13" - 18” / 33 - 45.7cm|
|Fits Hips/Waist||22" - 48" / 55.9 - 121.9cm|
|Weight||3.35lbs / 1.52kg|
|Volume||50L / 3051cu in.|
|Raincover Weight||0.24lbs / 109g|
|Max Carry Weight||40lbs / 18.1kg|
|Packed Dimensions||25.5" x 12" x 11.5" / 64.8cm x 30.5cm x 29.2cm|