You have no items to compare.
Kalliste 2-Piece Touring Paddle - Straight Standard
The Kalliste is Werner's most advanced low-angle paddle, with their best paddling design and construction features. You’ll feel exceptionally light, buoyant strokes while the smooth back face gives a quiet entrance and exit from the water. The Kalliste is the smart choice for those touring with a low-angle style of paddling and wanting the conservative yet powerful feel of a mid-sized blade.
- Ultimate performance brings together all of Werner's most advanced designs.
- Mid-sized blades are an ideal fit for the great majority of average size paddlers.
- The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blades creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and confident strokes.
- Dynel® blade edges use a composite roping material, that is impact and abrasion resistant. This, along with a stronger design and construction, makes the Kalliste the choice over Werner's Ovation model for more rugged paddling enviornments.
- Dihedral allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, a core philosophy for Werner. Dihedral blade shape was created to direct water to flow evenly off each side of the blade creating a smooth and stable stroke.
- Asymmetrical kayak blades are designed for a balanced stroke, reducing torque or twisting of the blade.
- Smooth back face makes for cleaner entry and exit of your strokes and an elegant feel on the water.
- Low Angle is the most popular as it is more universal, primarily being more relaxed, but still allowing folks to paddle at a higher performance.
- Optimized flex and strength.
- The Smart View Adjustable ferrule is the most simple, precise fitting on the market. The solid feel of a 1-piece paddle and nothing to snag your gear. (US Patent # 6881111 )
- Straight Shaft for those that like a traditional, simple feel. Werner's attention to detail in texture, indexing and flex allows for confident control and comfort all day long.
- Standard Diameter Shaft
Shaft Diameter: Choosing the proper shaft size (diameter of the shaft) for your hands assures a more comfortable experience on the water. You'll maintain a lighter grip for better technique, allowing better control and reduced fatigue. Measure your hand size by placing a ruler at the base of your hand (at the joint of your wrist) and measuring to the tip of your middle finger. If you measure longer than 6.5" Werner suggests the standard shaft. Smaller, go to Werner's small diameter shaft. If you are on the line, it is suggested that you come in to the Paddle Sports Center and try both to see for yourself. Paddlers with shorter, thicker fingers also gravitate to small shaft.
Shaft Type: Straight
Shaft Size: Standard
Shaft Material: Carbon
Blade Shape: Low Angle
Blade Dimensions: 52cm x 16.5cm
Blade Surface Area: 643 cm²
Blade Material: Carbon Dynel Reinforced
Made in: USA
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year Limited