You have no items to compare.
Rip Stick 79 with 8" Leverlock SUP Paddle
The Rip Stick 79 is the answer to what stand up paddle surfers want. More power from a smaller blade. Smaller blade size means a higher cadence for bursts of speed, with a low-profile that won’t trip up when executing turns. To generate more power, Werner developed an innovative double concave dihedral in the power face of the blade. The power pockets created to accelerate into more waves, outrace outside sets and blast over foam piles, Along with more power the double concave shape of the blade face creates a super stable stroke, for all the crazy angles you find yourself paddling. Coupled with Werner's unique 7 degree blade to shaft offset and softer overall flex you now have a paddle truly specific to the sport. Let the Rip Stick help you perform at a higher level.
- Dihedral-configured for the surf. Werner's innovative double concave dihedral creates a self-centering dynamic to any angle or placement of any stroke. Focus on catching the wave in the perfect position without worrying about your paddling technique.
- Dihedral-configured for power. The double concave dihedral creates power pockets. Maximum power from a low profile blade shape and smaller overall size. Higher cadence for more speed, less blade in the way for cranking through turns.
- Wave riding utilizes quick, explosive strokes, hence the surf blade shape. This low profile blade shape also avoids tripping up when performing. Complimenting the initial power of the stroke, we softened the flex to protect your body.
- 7 degree shaft to blade offset does 2 key things in the waves. It keeps the blade more vertical in the short-fast strokes needed for surfing and keeps the blade parallel to the surface of the water - eliminating diving and providing a more confident brace.
- 79 square” blade reduces surface area to excel in the surf, but remains powerful with innovative blade design. This small-size blade suits small to medium surfers.
- Increased volume to size ratio enhances the buoyancy of this carbon blade. Creating a feel of the blade “Popping” from the water. Light-fast strokes and added confidence in your bracing.
- Werner looked to decades of experience in compression molding paddle blades to come up with their ultra-thin edges. Cleaner entry and exit from the water and lighter weight while remaining abrasion and impact resistant.
- Flex is a key element a surf specific paddle. To reduce stress on the body during the bursts of energy needed when surfing, Werner increased the overall flex compared to their other carbon models, without sacrificing performance or strength.
Shaft Type: Straight
Shaft Diameter: Standard
Shaft Lengths: 70" to 78", 8" of adjustment with leverlock
Shaft Material: Carbon
Blade Feather Angle: 7 Degrees blade to shaft offset
Blade Shape: Long Slender Rectangular, Double concave dihedral
Blade Dimensions: 7.25in x 15.75in
Blade Surface Area: 79 in2
Blade Material: Carbon
Weight: 20.25 oz.
Made in: Sultan, WA
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year